6 Things to Do on Armed Forces Day
Do you ever think about how we get on with our lives every day, not sensing the probable danger that could pounce on a corner at any minute? The peril that looms just beyond our borders? Anything that threatens our peace?
One of the reasons we can rest easy and carry on is the subconscious knowledge that there are people out there looking after us and everything we believe in. Those who swore to serve, protect, and uphold our nation’s interest even at the expense of their lives. These men and women of all branches of the military are guardians of what makes us American.
On Armed Forces Day, celebrate their lives and victories by doing these:
1. Educate yourself on the role of the military - Not everyone knows what exactly these heroes have been doing for us ever since. You can appreciate them more once you go in-depth to what they’re all about.
2. Flaunt the flag - Wave that symbol of freedom from your house, car, or where you stand. You are able to because the force ensures that you get to!
3. Honor the Army, Navy, Marine Corps, Air Force, & Space Force - If you know someone from any military branch, offer your thanks, a pat on the back, or some beer to make them feel special. It counts when you do it to their families as well.
4. Treat a veteran - Spend time with an old-timer over treats or drinks while he or she shares about their glory days. It won’t hurt to keep in touch with them even after this national holiday.
5. Dress up for the occasion - Get clothed in red, white, blue, and star-spangled pieces in true American pride. Join a parade, grab a drink, or do any of the above in 100% American-owned and made baseball jerseys! Suit up for one of the days in a year when we celebrate the people behind the freedom we enjoy.
Here’s an idea: How about surprising members of the Armed Forces closest to your heart with one that matches yours? Check out the sizing guide here. You can also give them the liberty to choose a style or design with a gift card instead.
However you want to spend the day, #NeverForget who it is about - the valiant men and women daily risking their lives so this proud country stays great. Those who already passed on matter just as much, too.
Let us know how you plan on spending Armed Forces Day in your neighborhood! We’d love to see your snaps wearing MyFreedomJersey merch. Feel free to tag and follow us on Facebook!